If you have a sweet tooth, then youneed to try our rich and creamy Cookie Cheesecake.
This crushed shortbread treat is a yummy and unique twist on old-fashioned cheesecake. The secret ingredient? Gobs of gooey cookie butter!
Cookie butter is a European delicacy that’s especially popular in Belgium. It’s made out of speculoos, a kind of shortbreadcookie, and it’s a downright decadent treat.
We’ve used similar techniques in past baked treats, like this Guinness Cheesecake, but cookie butter is a whole new level of scrumptious. The butter itself comes in a jar and is roughly the same texture as peanut butter.
Once it goes into the cake, it joins a whole bunch of equally tasty ingredients, including cream cheese, brown sugar, and a crust made out of what else? cookies and butter.
If this sounds like your idea of a perfect sweet treat, print out the recipe card below to try making this cake at home.
- 7 oz. Shortbread cookies
- 7 Tbsps. Unsalted butter, melted
- 24 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 cup Sugar
13cup Brown sugar
14cup Cookie butter
- 3 tsps. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
12tsps. Lemon juice
12cup Heavy cream
- 4 Eggs
- Additional cookie butter, melted
- Whipped cream
- Additional shortbread cookies, crushed
- Break up shortbread cookies in food processor or blender until they are finely ground. Add melted butter and blend well again.
- Press cookie mixture into the bottom of a baking pan firmly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese throroughly. Add sugar, brown sugar, and cookie butter, then cream together thoroughly. Set aside.
- In second bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, vanilla, lemon juice, and heavy cream. Whisk together well.
- Fold heavy cream mixture into cream cheese mixture, creaming together until well mixed.
- Fold in eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Pour creamy mixture on top of cookie crust in the pan and smooth into place. Drizzle melted cookie butter on top.
- Bake one hour at 325 F.
- Remove cake from oven and frost with whipped cream. Drizzle with additional melted cookie butter, then garnish with additional crushed cookies.
- Serve and enjoy!
Due to restrictions, this video cannot
be viewed in your region.